Unanet Project Management software can support your organization with centralized project capabilities for budgeting and forecasting at the project and organizational level.
Build labor and expense budgets based on hours and direct costs “bottom-up” and calculate fringe, overhead and G&A costs, on a periodic basis (fiscal or calendar periods), or using budgets over a period of performance.
Unanet offers outstanding reporting with a wide range of detailed and summary reports available including graphical dashboards, and project costing to see true project costs. Project probability can be taken into account when forecasting labor utilization to determine if and when under or over capacity is projected to occur.
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
- Create opportunities and projects with flexible business rules.
Constrain budgets/dates at the project, task and person level.
Plan periodically, using calendar or your own fiscal definitions.
- Provide rate flexibility and date effective values - person, labor category, or any project or task level rate override.
Powerful reporting capabilities including graphical dashboards, summary, detailed and periodic reporting using custom accounting calendars.
- Calculate fully burdened project costs with a suite of reports showing direct and indirect costs associated with a project, using target, provisional or actual rates.
- Report by customer, project or task level.
- Plan people or people types for projects based upon availability and skills.
Plan or assign people for multiple periods for a project, or multiple projects, in a powerful grid format, similar to a spreadsheet.
Show direct costs, indirect charges (e.g. Fringe, Overhead, G&A, etc.), hours, average labor rate, revenue and margin on a single report.
See detailed direct charges by labor and ODC cost element.
BUDGETING & FORECASTING SOFTWARE BENEFITS
- Streamline project reporting by offering managers insight into true margin.
- Provide capability for planners and project managers to budget using indirect rates.
- Expedite real-time information and decision-making.
- Forecast direct, indirect charges and revenues.
- Integrate Budgeting and Forecasting data with workforce assignment and actuals labor and expenses
- Achieve effective resource utilization and improved service levels, with lower overhead
- Understand capacity, revenue, cost and work schedules.
- Identify and load level overbooked resources