Just to be clear, there is no such thing as DCAA Compliant Software! It is your organization and procedures that will be assessed for compliance.
That said, software such as Unanet, that is purpose-built for government contractors can significantly help you with achieving compliance. DCAA compliance requires that your accounting and related business processes which collectively including policies, manual procedures and tools be compliant. Software alone is not audited for DCAA compliance or certified, nor approved as DCAA compliant. However, Unanet software has been reviewed by DCAA auditors at more than one thousand customer sites and, along with the customer policies and procedures, approved as supporting DCAA requirements.
Unanet software makes implementation of the DCAA regulations easy and efficient. Here is a small sampling of the DCAA regulations that a compliant accounting system must include and that are directly supported by Unanet accounting software:
- Proper segregation of direct and indirect costs
- Identification and accumulation of direct costs by contract
- Method for allocation of indirect costs
- A Timekeeping System that enforces specific requirements related to charging hours
- Labor distribution - how costs are allocated to charged time
- Segregation of unallowable costs
- Accumulation of costs under General Ledger Control
To learn more, download a white paper on DCAA Compliance.