What does the "Cloud" or "Cloud Computing" mean, and what can it offer your organization?
The Cloud, or Cloud Computing, is simply the ability to access shared computing resources over the Internet. Cloud computing is of increasing interest to more and more businesses as they look to solutions such as Unanet to support their project management and accounting IT needs through a single shared network.
Cloud computing offers the benefits of:
- incremental cost rather than upfront license fees
- ability to increase system capacity more easily
- higher availability and remote access
- no effort is required to take advantage of the latest software version and its capabilities, and
- allows internal IT staff to focus on higher priority areas than keeping systems operational.
Consider the cost and effort to ensure that all your computer systems (communications, operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers, content management systems, etc.) are running the appropriate compatible versions of the software products, and that all the updates and "patches" are current in order to reduce vulnerability to the latest security threats. Do you have the skills to accomplish this? Do you have the time to invest? Instead, an appropriate "cloud" offering can give you access to professionally maintained, scalable information technology infrastructure. This can be done on a subscription basis, and affordably as you will share the cost with hundreds, or even thousands, of other organizations.
For more information about Unanet and cloud computing, click here.