Many of Unanet’s customers, including IT consulting firms, research groups, non-profits, and government contractors, have adopted the SLConnect solution in order to view project profitability, revenue and expenses and financials in one place, giving them greater visibility into project and workforce performance. Unanet's software provides initial opportunity planning and resource forecasting, through detailed budget planning and staff scheduling, time and expense capture, and real-time reporting. SLConnect provides a single point of entry for data on projects and people with no duplication of effort, with automatic replication between Unanet and MS Dynamics SL to ensure data integrity between the systems.
The release incorporates more than twenty different functional enhancements and fixes, including:
- An optional Web Services interface to allow Projects and Tasks to flow from Unanet to Microsoft Dynamics SL instead of from SL to Unanet.
- Transfer “Estimate At Completion” budget values for Projects and Tasks
- Transfer SL Tasks to Unanet in a hierarchical structure
- Enhance validation of data across the two integrated applications
- Transfer Locations from SL to Unanet, and to associate Locations with people and/or projects when flowing them to Unanet
- Increased flow of Other Direct Costs to 4 months
- Enhanced validation of the Unanet Usernames
Steve Bittner, Unanet’s Vice President of Professional Services, commented, “More than 50 organizations have deployed SLConnect to tightly couple Unanet and Microsoft Dynamics SL, unleashing the combined power of both systems. The latest release of SLConnect expands both functionality and data integration options for our customers.”