Optimizing Project Financial Reporting and Forecasting
During initial software implementation there is often a focus on deploying the foundational capabilities for labor and expense reporting, associated approval processes, and defining the data flow to downstream systems. An aggressive ‘Go-Live’ date can limit adoption of advanced Unanet capabilities, such as forecasting and project financial reporting, and indefinitely defer the opportunity to optimize information flow between the project management and financial management teams.
To address these issues, Unanet offers post-implementation expert guidance to align and optimize your project management and reporting processes to accomplish the following benefits:
- Create organizational standards to ensure consistent reporting, help reduce rework, and reduce dependence on heroes.
- Optimize the work of the project management staff and allow them to focus on their customer, not on operating Unanet.
- Remove the overhead of separate financial reporting, thereby improving efficiency and accomplishing work on direct billable projects rather than as part of G&A
- Enable more efficient communication within project teams and to senior leadership.
- Deliver real-time insight on project financials and enable resolution of identified risks
These benefits are accomplished by a Unanet subject matter expert working with you directly, embedded in your organization as part of the Project Management Office, or working with your Chief Operating Officer, and based on the following approaches:
- Developing a deep knowledge of your organization’s daily operations, risk exposure and business practices.
- Offering persistent and continuous involvement, driven by your risks and needs.
- Providing triggers for continuous improvement – closing the consumption gap between the information needs of your staff and the wealth of Unanet reporting; and helping drive adoption of new capabilities as they are available in the software.
- Operating either in a lead role, or in the background (for example, focusing on success metric collection and analysis).
Contact Unanet's Enterpise Engineering Team to find out more about Outcome-As-A-Service.